Yoga is one of the best ways to keep you fit both physically and mentally. There is no age restriction for practicing yoga. So, if you have just decided that you want to get started with it then few points must be followed to have a pleasant experience.
- If you are planning to join a yoga class then better to carry a small journal with you because your instructor may share some valuable tips on doing a certain pose which will help you to do it correctly even when the trainer is not around.
- Try to make a space at your home where you can practice yoga in case if you do not attend any class outside. Make sure that there is proper ventilation of air and it should not be too congested.
- Always make sure to perform yoga on an empty or light stomach. If you had meal then better wait for at least 3 hours before you start yoga.
- You must use a yoga mat which is usually a little sticky but you must do your practice on it since it helps in firm footing. Do not sit directly on floor because you may end up hurting yourself. For downward facing poses and spread legged postures you need to use a mat to avoid any accident.
- It might not sound very important but you must wear appropriate outfit for yoga. You should wear something that is comfortable and also you can freely do all the movements in it. It is better to wear light stretchable pants in which you can easily do all types of poses. These days a lot of brands have launched their own yoga clothing line and you can easily find some best yoga pants at affordable prices. Also, wear a nicely fitted t-shirt which should not be too tight and at the same time it should not be too loose.