- Unlike other adventure activities, parkour is quite inexpensive when it comes to the equipment required for it. Parkour is all about efficient movement which is why you need minimal things with you. If you are just beginner then the first thing you need is a pair of shoes which are good enough to protect your feet. Also, there are many other gears like gloves and sports holsters which are convenient to use and also can protect you well.
- Like already mentioned, you will need a good pair of sneakers to get started with practicing parkour. Make sure that whichever model you choose, it should cushion hard jumps and falls by providing enough padding. It should have a good grip as you need to move at a faster pace over many obstacles. Also, better to take a long lasting pair no matter if it is a little expensive than some ordinary shoes which will easily fall apart and increase your chances of getting injured. You can find such sneakers in various brands and can be picked from their showroom. Well, the place I found my ultimate shoes for parkour was from an online shopping site and they are efficient enough.
- For clothing, you should wear something which is very comfortable enough and you can move easily in it. T-shirt and loose shorts are perfect. It is better to wear something breathable and light.
- There is no need of lot of protective gear but if you prefer to wear gloves then choose the one which is fingerless so that your grip is improved. But during wet conditions, such gloves will not be very effective.
- For stashing phone, keys and wallet, it is better to keep a backpack. You can also use a sports holster which is designed in such a way that during rolls, it stays out of the way.